Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A couplet from each song on Home

Bugguts:
"I feel so little on the inside but
my skin is persistently life-size."
Coffeelocks:
"Love with us was such a waking up
warm and foggy as a coffee mug"
War Paint:
"our lips crushed like armies
under the rule of two love-consumed enemies"
Sugar on the Sheets:
"these toes are hungry like new baby birds
uncurled to feed from my mothering lips"
Stampete:
"the living braid of two hearts in the shade of youth
why would you ever untether this parachute?"
The Wall Starts To Give:
"I know you don't believe in God
but I do, and he's not here with us"
Layers:
"but you are just a blank, frozen in your seat
eyes of a lemur, ghostly as teeth"
Unparallel Rabbits:
"there is no greater pain than the misaligned break
the varied healing tempos of the giver and the take"
Red + Blue = Yella:
"I see blue for a second just before the second wave falls through
and it's the only sky I've seen since we made the barricade of dog food"
Oregon...:
"I taste sulfur smoking upwards
whirling towards my loose teeth"
Beetlemeet:
"What about your Lu?
What's a son to do?"
The Human Torch:
"it's a tree house some where, we're a jungle affair
with a porcupine fence and we're so present tense"
Credits:
"you lied about the way this went
you're stepping in your wet cement"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enough! I can't take it anymore!! Just give me the album! I'm seriously loosing sleep at this point.

Anonymous said...

You're being a sadist, Gavin!!!

Lorna said...

love it. But you know that.

Erin said...

Nice choices!