Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm Not So Proud

I'm Not So Proud

When I was just a woodchuck
hunting 'round your nose
well you were icy penguin feet
skating 'round my toes
your thistly kisses kept me up,
poking through my clothes
and why I miss you so, Lu only knows

When you were just a spook-ed horse
scaring up our ghosts,
I was just a possumthing
lying comatose
I wouldn't talk you down,
I wouldn't turn away
and why I was so froze,
I cannot say

and I'm not so proud of the way I behaved
I should've been your jungle,
but I was just a cage ooo ooo ooo ooo ooh (X2)

When you were chimpanhandling
'n harvesting my head
I was spider biting ribs,
ticklin' you to death
we licked each other's wounds
when nothing tasted right
and love cut like a cougar in the night.

When you were "movin' on"
like a turtle in the sea
and I a pair of jellyfish
cresting painfully
you wouldn't let me down,
you wouldn't pull me out
and there I saw what love is all about.

and I'm not so proud of the way I behaved
I should've been your lifeline,
but I was just afraid/a frayed (knot).

But I love you
sure as the note to the neighbors' kids
"Come out and fight, stupid indians"
come back to bed, checkered family
roll with my sleep sweet rotisserie
and I can't let you go without making a scene,
like our rabbits kickin' out the Morse code of their doogle dreams

so I won't back down
no I won't back down
baby I can't back down
no I won't back down

No comments: