Friday, March 11, 2011

Notre Fils Tombé

Here is a live video of the third track from Travelight, my perpetually-postponed children's album, featuring my incredibly talented cousin Seth Castleton on cello.



NOTRE FILS TOMBÉ
We flew into the stratosphere
and landed on the moon at last
It wasn't like the photographs,
it wasn't quite a wild frontier

We lay inside a crater bed
with rockets blasting overhead
the planets sang a lullaby
as all the stars began to cry,

"Oooooooooooooooooooh,
Our star is home at last, notre fils tombé!
Our sorrows have now passed, notre fils tombé!"
But my star had seen how blue a blue can be...
he said, "I really need my space, ma petite famille!"

They said, "Wait for the sun to set,
don't try to be so brave!
You've got to stop and rest
under celestial shade!

You're made of rock and ice
you'll simply melt away...
this moon is paradise
forget the light and stay
forget the light and stay
forget the light and stay
forget the light and stay...

No comments: