Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'm Not Roger.

This overheard at a truckstop in Zanesville, OH, yelled into a phone by a striped burley man with a big mac blossoming forth from his paw:

"You aren't who I thought you was, neither!
...no... nope... wrong again...
I always said so. I ALWAYS SAID SO!
...Pam-a-LUH! PAM, listen! Are you listenin' to me? Or are you keepin on talkin to yourself---
no, NO---I BEEN listening, now you take a turn!
listen... (bite)
listen... (chew)
LISTEN GOOD, PAM:
'I'm.
Not.
Roger.'

Never was!
I... NEVER... was. I may LOOK like Roger, I may've SAID I was Roger, but I ain't him. I ain't.
...(sigh)...You CAIN'T tell me who I AM and who I 'm not, Pam.
...Go ahead then! Tell her---TELL HER! Might do 'er some good.
'N YOU CAN TELL HER THOSE AIN'T MY TEETH, WHILE Y'ER AT IT." (hang up)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I seenat man up in claskinai other day